Friday, July 30, 2010

The Art of Kristin Fouquet


I am fortunate to live in New Orleans, which provides many subjects. With my street photography, I feel more connected with my city and its other inhabitants. One aspect of this is street portraiture. I particularly love taking photographs of street musicians.

Last year, the publisher of Rank Stranger Press told me about a new collection of short stories being published and asked me if I had any ideas for cover art. I sent along a cropped picture of a street musician, which became the cover of A.M. Garner’s book Undeniable Truths.

http://www.amgarner.com/

2 comments:

Anita Miller Garner said...

Had never seen the entire shot before, only the cropped version. It is dynamite anyway you look at it. Thanks for sharing this. I will pass it along :-)

Carrie said...

Definitely a lot of feeling embedded in that small space or the full shot. Congrats.