Friday, July 9, 2010

Dream Caused by the Acceptance of Self

dream caused by the acceptance of self



I am not step, not walk, nor
stumble
but still movement

a sorry gift and its medicine
gripped in the coarse feed of fallen
and fastened slowly to pieces of passing.

There is no more of me than is possible
and no less of me than can be imagined.

I am.

In the stench of perfumed distress I carry
my shadow
deeply
in the crook of my arm where
my heart rests
in the bubonic throes
of a certain pathology.

It is all the same. Nothing will change. No
pattern can be altered. No chaos can
be rearranged.

Do you believe this is not beautiful?

I am my own design
(mostly)
as best I can. I don’t try
for beauty
but the world sees me
and doesn’t die.



Currently living in Argyll, Scotland with her partner, two children and a cat, Gillian Prew ditched philosophy in favour of poetry even though the former still haunts her. She has three collections of poems and has been published at Full of Crow, Counterexample Poetics, Gutter Eloquence, Gloom Cupboard, Fragile Arts Quarterly, 'ditch', and The Glasgow Review among others. She also recently became a 'Featured Artist' at Counterexample Poetics. 
 

 

No comments: