Saturday, July 17, 2010

THREE PIECES FROM LUIS CUAUHTEMOC BERRIOZABAL

YOUR VOICE IS LIKE FIRE

Your voice is like fire.
I want to douse it with water.
I want the fire to die out.
Your voice is blazing.
I want a little quiet.
In silence I can rest.

You are destroying my peace.
All day it goes off.
I want to empty the sea
down your throat. Your voice is
all fire all the time.
The colors come out like the brightest
lights of the most intense flame.

ABSENCE

It is not easy
feeling dead and breathing.

I sang for you in a world
where the world for me was you.

I ran out of time
and my boyhood was gone.

I couldn't love you
because you didn’t let me.

I am absent of
mind and absent of love.

The greatest absence
is yours and now my song

remains silent
like the words we do not share.

NO WORRIES

Dreaming,
the whole night through,

no worries at all here,
and a second chance.

Peace of mind, I could
be whatever I want.

Up in the air,
I’m the largest bird.

Diving through
thick, fluffy clouds.

Coming out dry,
a certain miracle.

In the wide awake morning
I complain it’s too late.

--Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal has appeared everywhere online and in print. :) He has a new chap coming out with Kendra Steiner Editons called Digging A Grave.

No comments: