Thursday, October 21, 2010

The song of my computer

The song of my computer

The best way to write is not to try:
let it flow like sadness dripping
down from the autumn leaves,
and my computer screams: "Let me
sing my song!"
(but computers cannot scream),
(doesn't matter, this is cybernetic
dream),
and the mirror shows me the fear
of the deer or the bravery of the crow,
My dear, I say in my sleep, sorrow
comes to us when the night falls
over the city,
dark, grey, irrelevant,
it comes, slowly, slowly,
embracing us in its gentle arms —
warm and fuzzy we feel and let us
scream.

--Peycho Kanev loves to listen to sad music while he drinks slowly his beer. His work has been published in Welter, The Catalonian Review, Off Beat Pulp, Nerve Cowboy, Chiron Review, Tonopah Review, Mad Swirl, Southern Ocean Review, The Houston Literary Review and many others. He loves to put the word down and not talking on the cell phone for days. He has been nominated for a Pushcart Award and lives in Chicago. His new collaborative collection "r", containing poetry by him and Felino Soriano, as well as photography from Duane Locke and Edward Wells II is now available at Amazon.

No comments: