Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Death


Death

I dreamed of death the other night
mournful and gut wrenching
more emotion and true fright
than I ever felt
over the subject
in real life.
Kept saying, if I could only
convince myself of an afterlife
a chance to reunite
then I could continue
with faith
and it would be alright
Yet I did not have any.
I awoke with emotions still fresh
afraid to contact anyone
and discover bad news.
Later, my mother called
A relief!
"What day did your brother Johnny die?" I asked her
"Today" she replied.
So weird, he died before I was ever born
yet together we re-experienced his loss
just hours before dawn.

--Madrea Marie currently trying to get her head back on straight after taking a year of Psych courses. She is a married mother of several young kids, and enjoys art, writing, and poetry in her free time.

No comments: