Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Doozer

The Doozer

She looked and sounded
like Cotterpin Doozer
from Fraggle Rock
and had about one tenth
of the sex appeal,
and not just because I
used to screw puppets
all the time when I was
a teenager, because I did,
even the Charlie McCarthy one,

and Lambchop,
and Lester,
and Miss Henrietta Pussycat.

Okay, I didn’t have
Miss Henrietta Pussycat,
but I did sometimes
fantasize I was with her
when I was doing Charlie.

--Michael Frissore has a chapbook called Poetry is Dead (Coatlism, 2009) and a blog called michaelfrissore.blogspot.com. His writing has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and Dzanc Books' "Best of the Web" anthology, and has appeared most recently in Jersey Devil Press, Pulp Metal Magazine, Houston Literary Review, Catalonian Review, and elsewhere. Mike grew up in Massachusetts and lives in Oro Valley, Arizona with his wife and son.

No comments: