Saturday, April 9, 2011

Green Crane

An old Asian man hands out paper cranes on the bus ride, today, as I make my way to my appointments

Green is the color of the crane I received and indeed, I admit
A sense of envy could be felt for the man who hands out paper cranes on a bus

Lucky, it seems to me that all life means
To this one man is to add the simplest
Of aesthetic pleasures to the lives on bus 28
Green is my soul- or bluegreen… a haze

Green is the man
From whom I had hoped
To receive comments
Regarding my book of green apples
Green, an introduction
Of sorts, for I haven’t
Been acquainted, and somehow
Perhaps this crane will help

But then,
There isn’t
Anything
Special about
This paper crane
It was made
From an advertisement
For beer, planted
In the pages
Those recycled
Pages (perhaps)
Of the Seattle
Weekly, silly
Man, to make
So much of
The green bottle ad

And yet,
So wrong
It feels
To let
This un
Acknow
Ledged, this
Gift of
Sorts, this
Infin
Ites
Imal
Thing; my
Stars: this
Endless
Resound-
Ing, some-
Thing to
Be Cel-
Ebrat
Ed, Is
It lush
To drone?
But it
Means so
Much, this
Spreading
Of Peace
This term-
Inal
Peace, This
Wonder

The
Un
I
Verse
Will
Re
Solve
It
Self
Ex
Pand
It
Self
Ex
Po
Nen
Tial
Ly
For
Ev
Er
Ev
Er
Y
Poss
I
Bil
I
Ty
Will
Oc
Cur
End
Less
En
Deav
Or
In
To
En
Tro
Py
Not
As
A
Void
But
As
Far
Wide
As
Hea
Ven
As
Sound
As
Sleep
To
Be
To
Dis
Turb
Slow
Ly…

--Julien Edmund Moss has been writing since age 3. He has published various illegitimate sketches in the Jibsheet, a weekly newspaper published at Bellevue Community College. He graduated BCC with an A.A. Degree in Spring 2007. He’s been published in Always Looking, Love’s Chance, Poet’s Espresso, The Stray Branch, Straylight, Soul Fountain, Languageandculture.net, Litsnack, Expressions, Eskimo Pie, Blink Ink, Conceit Magazine, Amulet, Open Minds Quarterly, The Neglected Ratio, Poetic Matrix Press (poeticmatrix.com), and Northern Stars magazines, The Issaquah Press newspaper, The Sheltered Poet (http://theshelteredpoet.blogspot.com/), The Private Acre (http://privateacre.blogspot.com/) and Record Magazine blogs.

No comments: